Jobs at Circus Eruption
Closing date is 5pm on Thursday 18th May 2017
Download post details here or please read on for details
Thanks for your interest in the Office Coordinator’s job, we look forward to receiving your application.
We’d like you to email us your CV along with a statement of no more than a page saying why you would be great at this job.
The closing date and time for applications is 5pm on Thursday 18th May 2017. Please note the time as well as the date!
The interviews will take place on the morning of Wednesday the 24th May at our unit in Llansamlet (details and times will be provided to short listed applicants).
If you have any queries about the interview process, directions, etc. please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to respond.
The best of luck with your application,
All at Circus Eruption
Overview of Role:
The post holder will work alongside the Project Coordinator to ensure the smooth running of all the Circus Eruption projects. The role will involve maintaining and developing office systems, developing our social media presence, supporting other staff with their administrative tasks and handling finances.
The post will be for 15 hours per week, at a rate of £11 per hour. This is an office based role and the post holder will work at the Circus Eruption office. The post holder will normally be expected to work in the office on a Tuesday, including some Tuesday evenings, and the remainder of regular office hours to be agreed. Some weekend and other evening work may be required.
All staff are subject to a probationary period of six months which will include a review at three months. This post is a six month position at present, although we are seeking funding and hope we will be able to sustain the role.
- Computer literacy
- Administrative skill
- Understanding of financial processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding and experience of using social media for promotion
- Record keeping skills
- Ability to prioritise, work independently and with a team, use initiative and be flexible.
- Understanding or experience of the voluntary sector
- Experience in a management role
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
- Experience of the social circus environment.
Day to day organisation and finance
- Support workers to keep appropriate records and statistics and ensure they are kept in line with funders requirements
- Deal with incoming correspondence (shared with PC)
- Carry out relevant DBS checks (shared with VC)
- Social media, website and publicity – post, update, respond to/forward messages, ensure our work is appropriately represented and regularly checked.
- Oversight of financial incomings and outgoings, including building income and expenses, petty cash, etc.
- Responsibility for financial procedures e.g. payment of invoices, payroll
- General office organising and filing (including digital)
- Admin support for other staff e.g. letters, spreadsheets, posters, marketing etc. where appropriate
- To deputise for Project Coordinator as appropriate (e.g. PC holidays or other absence)
- To ensure suitable equipment and resources are available and maintained for Circus Eruption activities (office and workshop supplies and Circus equipment)
Running the building
- Create and supervise systems for building management
- Organise maintenance as appropriate
- Liaise with potential / present users of the building and negotiate contracts with them avoiding double booking etc
- Ensure the building is opened and closed as necessary
- Ensure the safety of the building
- Ensure public liability insurance and all legal requirements are met in a timely fashion
- Communicate regularly with Project Coordinator
- Attend regular supervision
- Be present at Board of Trustees meetings at least twice a year as appropriate
- Carry out any such reasonable duties as may be required by the Board of Trustees or Project Coordinator
- To follow policy and practice guidelines of Circus Eruption
- To work within legal requirements and specifications including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Legislation and Safeguarding
- Uphold and implement core values of Circus Eruption